Garage Door Maintenance Will Protect Your Investment
A garage door is the largest appliance in your home and often the most neglected. You are not likely to notice if the door is unbalanced or in need of lubrication due to the hands-free automation. Preventative maintenance will prolong the life of your investment. Even the cheapest garage door can last up to 20 years when properly maintained, but with a lack of preventative maintenance, it could last less than 10.
When Do You Need To Have Your Garage Door Serviced?
- If the door must be forced to move at any point in the opening or closing cycle, it is time for service.
- If the door is not balanced, this needs to be fixed. To test, manually open the door halfway and release it. The door should stay in place. If it shuts on its own, the door is not balanced and needs to be serviced. Your door’s balance needs to be checked at least once a year.
- If the garage door is making excessive noise while opening or closing, contact Mr. Garage Door for service.
- If it has been more than 2 years since the last service call, your door is well overdue for a maintenance check.
Mr. Garage Door Preventative Maintenance Service
- To make sure everything is running smoothly, our maintenance service includes the lubrication of moving parts like hinges, springs, rollers, bearings, guides, pulleys, the operator gear set, and the screw rail.
- Garage door balance is critical for the prolonged life of your door. When it is neglected, it is often a catalyst for damage. Lack of balancing and proper maintenance will eventually result in the cable jumping off the drum, door ajar in the opening, stripped gears, hinge separation, folding and cracking panels, failing circuit boards, loud excessive noise, or operator separation from the door. To save you from dealing with these problems, we always properly balance the door during servicing.
- We check the tracking and ensure proper mounting, replacing fasteners and hardware where needed. We adjust the tracking and ensure proper mounting of the system, tighten and replace any loose or missing fasteners, adjust the torsion or extension springs tension, and adjust the force and limit settings to ensure safety settings are correct and that the unit will pass code.
Our Maintenance Warranties
All maintenance services rendered come with a 30-day warranty. All service performed includes a service fee and is warranted for 30 days after the work is completed.
All material installations by Mr. Garage Door come with a 1-year warranty. All material installations by Mr. Garage Door are warranted for one year from the date of installation. If a system or part fails due to improper installation, the only thing you will pay within that year is the service fee.
All springs installed by Mr. Garage Door are warranted for 3 years from the date of installation. If the spring or springs break before the 3 year warranty expires, the only thing you pay is the service fee. This does not cover the maintenance that should be performed every 2 to 3 years.